27 October 2010

Untitled

An adult male
Soiled and knowing it
Incapable of this life
For now or for good

If I offer no cup of cold water
What is the cost?

Don't look

Down my throat
A dangerous alleyway
Dark with greasy walls
Dripping
Oozing tar
Beats something
Unsavory

If I offer from a chest like this
What is the cost?

Rich
We ought to need
As the poor overflow
Fat
We slowly starve
But the gaunt will feast
Snug
We will shiver
When the naked are clothed
Sheltered
We best fear
For the vulnerable will know True rest

Yet nothing is moved that suffers no touch
So until this distance be bested
All remains unmoved
Unsavory

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Just wow. This one has been honed to a very fine edge. It dances back and forth between imagery and metaphor. I can see a bit of influence from the blackbird cycle here. This is one of your best my friend.

    ReplyDelete