03 December 2013

Tuesday

the longings arrived again with a new snow
that pressed the edges of my sight line
and cozied in with a winter's wind,
white and cold and northwesterly.

they pressed in on the corners of my perceptions,
like a sullied and drowsy clown
like a cornered cage fighter
like a monopoly tycoon,
the absence of light closing quickly.

the longings arrived afresh in the morning
that culled confusion from my thought lines
as we waited patiently for sunlight
white and warm and southern.

they shout out now in my ears,
like a catholic bell at Christ Mass
like a feverishly hungry child
like a fish fallen out of the stream,

"Where are you?"


2 comments:

  1. The only thing I don't like about this poem is that I have to write the following day. How am I supposed to follow this guy every single week? I will be reading this over and over today.

    ReplyDelete